Monday, April 19, 2010

Week 13 and I’m confused.

I am sure that my last injection was number 12, but I just noticed that my next blood work is to be done next week. I have already done it. It totally confused me so I counted and I was right. I still am not sure why they have timed it the way the did, other than it gives a full week for the drugs to take hold. So I am assuming that is why they have you do the blood work when they do. The confusion was incredible.


My nurse came by today. The only real complaint I had with her was that I had a few nights of wicked nausea again. She says that my thyroid was up again, so perhaps it was related to that. She is not sure what this means as far as treatment goes. She is hoping to have my VL results soon, so that works out sooner than I was told.


So I guess my next posting will be then. Other that that I am still trying to get used to the new iMac. It has not been easy and frankly a little frustrating. Well, more than a little. I really need a tutor to sit with me and help out. Not sure how I’m going to work that one. Apple gives help over the phone, but it is hard. I had to do it that way today to get the email working right. Very long and tedious. AAAARRRRRRHHH!


Cheers for now,


David McHep C.


PS.


I am even more confused. Just discovered that I've been taking double of one of my HIV meds. They changed the size of the pills, so where as I used to take two pills twice a day, I now take one. I had no idea. I am not sure if they told me and I forgot (brain fog), or if I was never told. Some say that it doesn't matter, but it does bug me if I was told and then totally forgot. Now I have added concern that my HIV virus will mutate because of the change in dose of drug. This on top of the stress of waiting for my HVC VL results. I just was at my doctors and had a full screen of blood work done. I'm glad about that because they were not doing HIV blood work while I was on the treatment. So I was wondering how they would have any idea if I mutated. I guess that I'll ask to have more done in a few months. Oh well, later everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment