Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Week 14 and not much to report

I did injection number 14 last night. I really have nothing much to report. I still have not received the results from week 12, so I don’t know my VL yet. I am starting to get anxious but no phone call yet.


I have asked the building for more help since I seem to be getting walloped by Brain Fog. After screwing up my meds and double dosing last week I have them helping me fill my tray to make sure that I don’t do that again. They also will call me Monday nights to make sure that I have done my injection. At the pace I am going I anticipated that a missed injection would be next.


My side effects to seem to be less generally though. I get burst of energy but I am still having difficulty gauging my strength. I’ll feel the energy come so I’ll go outside and then pay for it later. Not sure how long this will be an issue, these short burst of energy.


I am experiencing a somewhat bizarre situation while trying to get in to see my old doctor from Montreal. I called the office one day and explained that I was a patient of Dr. McLeod’s in Montreal and I wanted to make an appointment to possibly become a patient of his since he was now in Toronto. The receptionist told me that she’d take a message and they would call me back. They didn’t cal back that day or the next. I called back and left a message just confirming that they had my phone number correct and again, no call back Friday or Monday. I am assuming because he is new to the city that he must be looking for patients. So I am unsure what to make of it. I don’t know if he saw my name and thought, “Oh no, not him,” or if they are just that busy. I guess that I can call back tomorrow or Thursday. I may call my nurse too to see about my VL. She either doesn’t have the results yet or has just been too busy to call.


Other than that I am feeling a little glum today. I saw my first Mothers’ Day commercial and Mothers’ Day always reminds me of my Mothers’ death. It was the last time that I kind of spoke to my Mother. I say kind of because she was not home. I left a message that I know she heard though. So that was the last that my Mom hear from me. It was a rough time in my life. I had just entered rehab. They had a policy that you could not make any phone calls for the first 5 days. Based on that I told my family that I could call them on Tuesday. Sunday came and the nurse on duty bended the rules and allowed us to call home. I’m glad that she did. On Tuesday I discovered that because I had arrived late on the day I arrived, that my first phone call would fall on Wednesday. Tuesday I was called out of group. I was embarrassed thinking that my screw up had caused my family to call a day early. I apologized and told them that I would ask them to call back the following day. It was my sister’s voice on the phone telling me that my Mom had died. One day before I would have been able to talk to her in person. I am glad that she got my Mothers’ Day message though. This is why Mothers’ Day always get hits me a little hard.


I am gaining more and more experience with my new i-Mac. I was finally able to make a call using Skype. Next is figure out how to burn a DVD.


That is it for now. I will report my 12 VL result as soon as I get it.


Cheers,


David McHep C


No comments:

Post a Comment